February 14-16, 2014
Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center, Sanford, FL
This year’s events will include 9 blocks of films – Opening Night (a mix of genres), family-friendly “E” for Everyone, Documentary, Animation, Drama, Comedy, Sci-fi/Horror, Florida Flavor, and Best of the Fest. A filmmakers panel will also take place and will be free and open to the public.
HOW THE FESTIVAL WORKS
Films from each genre will be shown and the audience will get the chance to vote for their favorites. Winners will be announced at each film block and awarded the “Monroe” – an original piece of metal artwork. The winner from each block will go head to head in the final round as our panel of judges decide who takes home the top prize as the “Best of Love Your Shorts Film Festival!”
- Tickets are sold per film block and are $8, except for “E” for Everyone, which is $2 per ticket.
- You can also purchase a Weekend Pass for $55 which gets you in to all film blocks.
FILM BLOCK SCHEDULE & DESCRIPTIONS
- 7PM – OPENING NIGHT: A mix of genres to get things going
- 9PM – OPENING NIGHT PARTY: By invitation only – meet and greet with filmmakers and sponsors
- 10:30AM – “E” FOR EVERYONE: Family friendly films and budget friendly ticket prices
- 1PM – DOCUMENTARY: Any short documentary
- 3PM – ANIMATION: Any and all forms of animation
- 5PM – FILMMAKERS PANEL: FREE ADMISSION! Enjoy a moderated panel in which movie techniques and filmmaker triumphs and tribulations are discussed
- 8PM – COMEDY: Any live-action comedy short
- 10PM – SCI-FI / HORROR: Live-action science-fiction, horror, and fantasy shorts
- 1PM – DRAMA: Any live-action short that is not specifically comedy, science-fiction, or horror
- 3PM – FLORIDA FLAVOR: Any genre film either made primarily in Florida, or made anywhere by filmmakers that are residents of Florida during the film’s production
- 7PM – BEST OF THE FEST: Winners from each block will be shown and the Best of the Festival award will be given as decided by our panel of judges
Concessions and full bar available (CASH ONLY).
WARNING: Some films may contain adult content; viewer discretion is advised.