Submit a Short Film
Every submission we receive for our 2014 festival will receive constructive, respectful, and honest feedback. Screener feedback will be provided after official selections have been announced.
The Love Your Shorts Film Festival in Sanford, Florida, is accepting short films in all genres and films with Florida connections. Entries cannot exceed 30 minutes, including credits.
Love Your Shorts Film Festival prefers online entries submitted via Withoutabox.com, which provides cost-saving, paperless submission to film festivals around the world. Withoutabox’s internet-only submission platform features online applications via one master entry form, online fee payments, and press kits. Fill out one master entry form and take advantage of quick entry, extended deadlines, and powerful submission management tools. There’s no extra cost to you, and by submitting, you’ll join Withoutabox’s global filmmaker community and stay in the loop about international exhibition opportunities. Click to submit your film today!
Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.
Got questions? Click to learn moreFrequently Asked Questions
- Animation Any and all forms of animation.
- Comedy Any live-action comedy short.
- Drama Any live-action short that is not specifically comedy, science-fiction, or horror.
- Documentary Any short documentary.
- E for Everyone Family friendly films for the young and young at heart.
- Florida Flavor Any film either made primarily in Florida, or made anywhere by filmmakers that are residents of Florida during the film’s production. (Please see the category rules for specific details.)
- Sci-Fi / Horror Live-action science-fiction, horror, and fantasy shorts.
Films are divided into different blocks for screening. Audience members at each block vote for their favorite film and winners are announced on the spot.
The winning films from each block advance to a final block for a panel of judges to pick the overall festival winner. Winners of each block earn the festival’s award, the “Monroe,” an original piece of metal artwork named after Sanford’s Lake Monroe.
Screener awards are also given to Best Directing, Best Cinematography, Best Screenplay, and Best Scene.
- The Love Your Shorts Film Festival welcomes short films in any style up to 30 minutes long. The year of production does not matter.
- Films are divided into 8 blocks for screening: Opening Night, Animation, Comedy, Documentary, Drama, Florida Flavor, Sci-Fi/Horror and “E” for Everyone. Audience members at each block vote for their favorite film and winners are announced on the spot. The winning films from each block advance to a final block for a panel of judges to pick the overall festival winner. Winners of each block earn the festival’s award, the “Monroe,” an original piece of metal artwork named after Sanford’s Lake Monroe.
- A film can only be submitted to ONE category. A filmmaker may submit multiple films but is responsible for submitting each individually and paying appropriate submission fees for each film.
- The Florida Flavor category is open to films either made primarily in Florida, or films made anywhere by a filmmaker that is a resident of Florida during the film’s production. A film entered in this category cannot be entered in another category.
- Entrants must submit 2 DVD copies of their film. DVDs must be clearly labeled with: A) WAB film code (if applicable), B) title, C) run time and D) contact information (name, phone number and e-mail address). Non-English language films must be subtitled in English or contain minimal dialogue.
- Officially selected films will be notified on or shortly after January 1, 2014.
- We suggest shipping DVDs in a protective bubble-wrap envelope. Submitted materials will not be returned.
- All officially selected films must submit at least 1 high-resolution still for use in festival publications; E-mail images to email@example.com.
- Festival organizers reserve the right to show officially selected films in any film block and/or to show officially selected films in more than film block.
- All submission fees must be paid in US funds.
- By submitting to the Love Your Shorts Film Festival, submitter gives permission to the festival to allow the film to be shown to attending press, at festival parties and at other festival related events.
SUBMISSION FEES AND DEADLINES
- EARLY BIRD: June 30, 2013 $20
- REGULAR: September 30, 2013 $25
- LATE: October 31, 2013 $30
- WAB EXTENDED: November 10, 2013 $45 (Withoutabox submissions only)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The individual or corporation (“entrant”) submitting the film to the Love Your Shorts Film Festival (“LYSFF”) hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening. Please ensure if you are submitting a film that contains copyrighted material by anyone other than yourself, that you have obtained festival clearance for that material used.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the LYSFF, its organizers, judges, sponsors, and partners, individually and collectively, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to submitted material.
- The burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright, trademark, rights of privacy, publicity or any other proprietary rights rests with the entrant. The entrant shall bear the sole liability for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission.
- If your work is accepted into the LYSFF you agree to allow us to use all or a portion of your film (including images, sound and clips) within our promotions and screenings; and you allow us to provide your film to media in promotion of your film and the festival. We may, at our discretion, transfer all or a portion of your submitted work to a compilation DVD for festival screening and the resulting DVD may be used for festival promotional purposes.
- You have read and agree to our “general rules” and “terms and conditions.” You agree that failure to adhere to any of the “general rules” or “terms and conditions” may result in disqualification for which no refund for entry fee(s) is due.